TOP 5 BRIDAL LIP COLORS
Written by Senior Artist, Eliz Juane
Choosing the most flattering lip colour for our brides is very important to me. While I devote a lot of time working on making the eyebrows and eyes very expressive, I believe that applying the right lip colour is just as important, as it ties the whole look together and frames the bride’s sweet smile. Here are my five favourite bridal lip colours:
1. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in Powder Pink – a lot of brides have been asking what lippie I used on them after I apply this fool proof bridal lip colour. It is such a fresh and flattering colour and it works well on different skin tones. I also like to layer this lip colour on top of darker lippies to soften the appearance and to add a little plump. J Another thing we love about this product is that it doubles as a cream blush.
2. theBalm Meet Matte Hughes Lip Color in Committed – this is a very reliable bridal lip colour as it stays on for hours even after “the kiss.” Our brides are surprised to still have lipstick on even after they have their post-ceremony pictorials. It also has a light, pleasant minty flavour.
3. Cinema Secrets Pro Cosmetics in Tawny – this is another lip colour which flatters fair, medium and morena skin tones. It has a just-right peachy coral tone which makes bridal make up lively yet still very feminine.
Roche Reyes-De Luna wearing Tawny for her engagement shoot
Make up by Rae V. Salazar, hair by Nhot Bituin, retouch and lip color by Eliz Juane
Photographed by Gerard Dacles
4. Revlon Brazilian Tan Super Lustrous Lipstick – This lip colour greatly complements dramatic or smokey eye makeup, as it makes the overall look still feminine and not too overpowering.
Mutya ng BSP candidate, Gianna Pagtakhan wearing Brazilian Tan
Make up by Eliz Juane, hair by Nhot Bituin
5. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte in Maple Mocha – I love using this rich peachy brown colour for morena beauties, especially for sunset or evening ceremonies.
Mixing and layering my favorite lip colors has also helped me achieve really pretty results.
I love that these five lip colors are very office appropriate too, so feel free to swipe any of these on on a daily basis to feel like a Real Bride everyday! 🙂